Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summertime and Crochet

Hello there and welcome to my blog!

This is something that I'm very new at. Something else I'm very new at is Crochet. I am a self-taught crocheter who has been crocheting for about 8 months now. I have made quite a few things, joined crochet forums, learned new stitches and made many new friends.

One of the new things in Crochet that I've started doing is crocheting chemo caps for Cancer patients. In the past I just purchased a few and donated them but now I can make them myself and I've set a goal for myself of caps/hats to complete this year.

If you are a crocheter, do you crochet in the Summertime just as much as you do the rest of the year? I do but the projects that I work on are smaller. Big afghans just make me hotter!!

Barbara

1 comment:

laughing purple goldfish said...

hey barbara...

welcome to the land of blogging! hoping you get as much pleasure from it as I do...

my crochet is not as prolific during the warmer months... mostly because we tend to be out and about more... and also because I hate trying to crochet with sweaty hands!!!