Monday, July 4, 2011

Fourth of July Picture Frame with paperclay

Hello everyone! I hope that you all had a wonderful Fourth of July! I know this is the day after but I wanted to share this. Today we're going to embellish a picture frame with Creative Paperclay. I started out with an inexpensive wooden frame:
I covered the frame with glue and then added Creative Paperclay:
I then made some little firecrackers and put some blingy fuses in them, and cut some primitive stars out with an Xacto knife:
After allowing the Creative Paperclay to dry overnight, I painted the frame red, the firecrackers blue and the stars were painted white and then silver glitter was added to the stars. I then glued the stars and firecrackers to the frame  and voila' a very Fourth of July frame!

I don't plan on putting a picture in mine but rather to fashion something to place on the inside of the frame without the glass. I'll turn it into a patriotic picture and frame instead. Here's wishing you days filled with sparklies!! If you don't find your Creative Paperclay at your local hobby store you can purchase it directly from Creative Paperclay, http://www.creativepaperclay.com/  and if you like working with Creative Paperclay then you need to become a follower of the Creative Paperclay blog: http://creativepaperclay.blogspot.com/  cause you can get some really nifty ideas on their blog from me and all the other design team members!!



8 comments:

Theresa said...

How creative, love it! Hope you are having a wonderfully blessed day, HUGS!

Parsley said...

Nice. You have great ideas.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Very cute...love the firecrackers!!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Hi Barbara:) What a great frame you have created. You are a very talented lady:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

No worries about posting this after the 4th 2011.

You've given me time to get it done in time for next year ;-)

Very cute!

Laurie said...

How fun is that? I'm so glad you came by my blog!

Cherie Burbach said...

Cute project!

Cyndi L said...

Really cute, Barbara!