Friday, January 11, 2013

Got Started Early On A Valentine and Sakura Hobby Craft

 

Sakura Hobby Craft has a lot of goodies besides just the Crystal Lacquer, Terri Sproul Mixers and jewelry findings. I was recently sent several wonderful metal boxes. I call them card boxes and we were told to decorate them in any way we wanted.

Here’s what I started with:

2023-02-23 19.45.28          2023-02-23 19.06.13 

Does this look like some fun stuff to play with or what? I covered the outside of the box with some very sparkly paper (I love my bling). I used Sakura Crystal Lacquer as glue for everything in this project. Once I had the cover on I added Valentine pictures and then some flowers. I cut paper for the inside and used the Lacquer to adhere it to the inside and then I cut paper to use for a card. I added stickers, hearts that I had punched out from foil, sparkly paper and plain paper. I added a lovely flower and voila’ I had a card to insert into the box.

 

2023-02-23 19.45.51     2023-02-23 19.52.27

2023-02-23 19.53.31

I spread Sakura Crystal Lacquer all over the front of the card and then sprinkled it with Terri Sproul Extra Fine glitter. I just love how my first Valentine turned out!!! I love to read your comments, please leave me some.

Barbara

3 comments:

Peggy O said...

Looks like fun to me!!! Great Job!

DIYDesignStudio said...

Really a lovely idea Barb....great gift!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Lovely.

Is there any reason not to use a less expensive product for glue. I love the Crystal Lacquer and save it for parts that will show.