Saturday, March 10, 2018

A Couple of Springtime Sconces made with Proxxon Tools, Kapro, and Plaid

I hope this post finds everyone in warmer weather and ready for the arrival of Spring! I have been busy using my Proxxon Tools to create some sconces that will make you think Spring is just around the corner because it is!


Supplies needed for this project are:


2 Glass Mason Jars
2 Sets of hooks
Something to put around the jars to hang them
Wood for the back ( I used old fence board )
Assorted flowers
Glass marbles
2 Hangers of your choice for the backs
Wire brush




I started out by cutting down the fence board that I used in this project.





I used my Proxxon Jig Saw and then my Proxxon Band Saw to get the boards down to size so that I could work with them easier to get this project completed. After I cut the boards down, I used a wire brush and got all of the dirt off the boards. I then used the Plaid Coastal Paint to give the boards a distressed look. I also worked on painting the mason jars with the Plaid - Martha Stewart Sea Glass Paint and I used some wire that was wrapped with what looked like colored raffia to go around the mason jars and make hangers for them.



I used my new Kapro laser level to get my coat hangers lined up to put the screws in. I'm hoping you can see the line. Worked out great. I then put a bunch of blue and clear marbles into the mason jars and added the flowers .




I thought they turned out very pretty. I plan on hanging mine outside the front door for some Springtime decoration. I think they would look good just about anywhere you wanted to put them.

Please take the time to go to the www.proxxon.com page and check out their tools. Also we now have a new company, Kapro that sells levels of all kinds and of course Plaid Paints to see all of the new products that they are coming out with this year. 


Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought of this sconce project. I welcome all of you. Glad you stopped by.



Barbara










1 comment:

Theresa said...

I love it! Great job and SO pretty! Enjoy your Sunday dear Barbara, it's a rainy one here! HUGS!