Friday, July 24, 2009

How was your day today?

I did a lot of canning today. Bread & Butter Pickles and tomatoes. Yesterday I made Salsa. Even though my hubby and I are both disabled and have been through surgeries in the last few months we still managed to get some vegetables planted. There's something so satisfying about canning vegetables. When you see the jars neatly lined up, they just seem to be so pretty to me. It's also nice to know that when old man winter rolls around you have some foods already set aside.



I've got to get busy this evening crocheting though. Time to pick out my next pattern and start on something new. I'm thinking some dishtowels would be nice, as I haven't done any edgings as of yet. I have two new dishtowels that are just crying out to have some embellishment put on them. Yep, I think that's the thing... pretty up some dishtowels. I'll let you know how they come out!



Have any of you checked out the Crochet Soiree website? http://www.crochetsoiree.com/ Check out Tamara's Take. It's a very good reading blog and Tamara is a wonderful person in the world of crochet.



Until later then........



Barbara

No comments: