Monday, July 27, 2009

Merry Monday!

I was thinking this morning how terrible a lot of my Monday mornings felt when I was working at a regular 8 hour a day job. For many years as a single mother, working at a very stressful job, Monday mornings were probably the worst mornings of the week. For the two days that I had off each week I had a ton of things that needed doing both inside the house and out, plus I had a child to take here and there for activities, and then there was the rest I needed that I hadn't gotten all week. So, by Monday morning I started the week out tired from trying to accomplish too much in a short period of time. What was I trying to be Super Woman? No one person is perfect and I wish that I had realized that many years ago and saved myself from most of the disabilities that I live with today. Stop and smell the roses take on a whole new meaning these days. But I have found that when I try to do something for someone else no matter how small or volunteer a little that it probably makes me feel better than the person who is receiving my outstretched hand.

I have found a new hobby, stress reliever, therapy these days and that is Crocheting. I've only been crocheting around 8 months now but I just love it. I think if you were to take up the art of Crochet you would enjoy it yourself, plus there are so many things which you can create that would benefit someone else such as: caps/hats for chemo patients, laprobes for folks who are wheelchair bound, ditty bags for their wheelchairs, animals for children and numerous other things which could brighten the day for someone else. Give crocheting for charity a try and let me know what you do. When you make someone else's day brighter, yours will be brighter also.

No comments: